For a different texture and taste, the Raw Mince Chicken Cutlets are a must try. They retain the flavor of meat and are both crisp and juicy at the same time. (for a chicken cutlet with pre-boiled and shredded chicken – click here)
Yield: 12 Cutlets
Prep. Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time: 25 Mins
- Chicken Mince – 300 gms
- Potatoes (peeled, boiled & mashed) – 150 gms
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 small
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 2 to 3
- Mint Leaves (finely chopped) – 3 tbsp.
- Corriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 3 tbsp.
- Lime Juice – ½ tsp.
- Fresh Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 ½ tsp.
- Corriander Powder – ½ tsp.
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp.
- Red Chilly Powder – ½ tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
- Egg (beaten) – 1
- Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
- Oil – to shallow fry
- Salt – ½ tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Take a bowl and add the chicken mince, mashed potatoes, the spice powders, onion, green chillies, mint, corriander, lime juice and salt and mix well. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
Step 2: After 15 minutes, divide the marinated mince into 12 portions and form balls.
Step 3: Take a ball, form a cutlet and dip into the beaten egg and then coat with the bread crumbs and place on a plate. Do this for all the balls.
Step 4: Cover the plate with cling film and place in the deep freezer for 15 minutes.
Step 5: Heat enough oil to shallow fry and fry the cutlets in two to 3 batches on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve in pao, with a slice each of onion and tomato and also ketchup if you prefer.
- Make a tiny cutlet and fry before you mould them all. Then taste and check for seasoning and add if required before forming all the cutlets.