This is a quick and easy recipe for Prawns Masala that you can cook in no time. Although I have used fresh prawns, you could also try it out with frozen ones.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 20 Mins. + 30 Mins. (marination)
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 Mins.
- Prawns (med. sized – cleaned & deveined) – 250 gms.
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2 medium
- Ripe Tomatoes (pureed) – 2 large
- Fresh Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 2
- Green Corriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp.
- For the Marinade:
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp.
- Corriander Powder – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Marinate the prawns with ½ tsp. salt and the ingredients listed under marinade and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin. Once aromatic, add the chopped onions and fry till light golden on low heat.
Step 3: Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell disappears. Next add the pureed tomatoes and cook till oil leaves the masala.
Step 4: Now add the marinated prawns and the green chillies and sauté on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add 100 ml. warm water, ½ tsp. salt and pepper powder and cook covered for 5 to 6 minutes. Open the lid, give a stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
Garnish with green corriander leaves.
- You could add a pinch of garam masala powder before adding the corriander.